Welcome to the Bluffton-Jasper County Volunteers in Medicine. We are glad you are here. The mission of BJVIM is to provide our eligible, uninsured neighbors with high quality healthcare services, free of charge.
Who is Eligible?
- Must live or work in the Greater Bluffton area or Jasper County
- Must be between 18-65 years old
- Do not have medical insurance
- Do not qualify for Medicare, Medicaid or Veterans Benefits
- Family income must not exceed 250% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines
A screening appointment must be scheduled before a medical appointment can be scheduled.
On your initial visit, you will be asked to complete a financial statement and a medical history form Please plan on being at the clinic for 2 hours. An interpreter is available should you need assistance. Please bring the following documents to this appointment.
- Photo ID
- Proof of Residency or place of employment verification
- Proof of Income
New Patient Screening Hours
- Wednesdays: 12:30 pm – 3:30 pm
- Mondays: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- Tuesdays: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm – Pregnancy Center of the Lowcountry
- Wednesdays: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- 1st Wednesday of the month – GYN appointments
- Thursdays: 8:30 am – 12:30 pm & 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
- 3rd Thursday of the month – Eye Clinic
Closed Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Cardiology, gynecology and opthalmology appointments are scheduled once a month.
The Ridgeland Clinic is located at
11332 N. Jacob Smart Blvd., Ridgeland, SC
Pregnancy Center & Clinic of The Low Country
Bluffton Jasper Volunteers in Medicine is pleased to announce their continued collaboration with Pregnancy Center of the Lowcountry. For the past 8 Years the Pregnancy Center and their mobile van has been located in our parking lots providing services to those without health insurance needing pregnancy care. Since the COVID19 pandemic the Pregnancy Center has stopped using their mobile van and has established a clinic in the Moss Creek Center for those living in the Greater Bluffton area. Now they are also offering services in our Ridgeland clinic on Tuesdays. We are very excited about this collaboration and welcome all pregnant patients to our clinic.
The Pregnancy Center of the Lowcountry provides free prenatal medical care through the first 16 weeks of pregnancy and assistance in securing an OB for the remainder of the pregnancy and the delivery of baby. A comprehensive health history, ultrasound and/or doppler verification of pregnancy, appointments with our Advanced Practice Registered Nurse/Nurse Midwife, laboratory testing, pap smears, testing for sexually transmitted infections and prenatal vitamins are provided. Services are free with the exception of limited laboratory fees and all services are confidential.
Please visit one of their clinics for care.